There are lots of ways you can help to increase your antioxidant scan score, many based on life-style choices you’re already familiar with. NadiyaDay.com offers creative ways to address stress. Stress is broadly defined as anything that contributes to free radical damage, weakens your immune and energy systems and cuts us off from our purpose and our soul.
Here are some simple steps to increase your antioxidant scores.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables – especially vegetables.
- Avoid drinking large amounts of water with meals as it dilutes the digestive enzymes.
- Eat the freshest fruit and vegetables you can.
- Prepare fruit and vegetables when you’re ready to cook or eat them to prevent nutrient loss.
- Eat fruit and vegetables which are raw, lightly steamed or sautéed to preserve as many enzymes as possible. Avoid overcooking food. Research has shown that with certain vegetables such as carrots, slightly cooking them helps to increase the absorption of nutrients as it supports the digestive process.
- Reduce your consumption of toxins such as herbicides, pesticides, antibiotics, hormones, chemical preservatives, colouring, flavourings, solvents, trans/hydrogenated fats.
- Buy unprocessed, good quality fruit and vegetables from a trusted supplier (use organic where possible).
- Take regular, varied, quality exercise such as yoga, pilates, rebounding, qi gong (chi kung), walking, cycling, tai chi, chlorine free swimming etc. Avoid over exercising and be sensible about eating and resting well on the days you exercise.
- Eat food that is seasonal and local (depending on local pollution levels).
- Alkalise your body by favouring alkaline producing foods such as vegetables. Barley grass is wonderful at neutralising the body’s acidity.
- Use a process to de-stress daily and to relax before you eat – try the Attention Breath or a bit of Emotional Freedom Technique so that all your energy can focus on the process of digestion.
- Create a relaxed and enjoyable environment while you eat.
- Get plenty of quality sleep free from electromagnetic radiation. Don’t sleep too near a radio alarm as it emits high levels of electromagnetic radiation.
- Practise meditation – there are numerous studies showing that regularly meditating for about 20 minutes once or twice a day improves every system of the body and slows down the ageing process.
- Spend time each day focusing on thoughts of appreciation, kindness, gratitude, gratefulness and love. This produces an array of positive hormones and will reduce stress and boost your immune system.
- Invest in a nutritional therapist for expert guidance. They can help ensure you have the best internal balance for optimum nutrient absorption such as a healthy intestinal flora and no unwelcome ‘guests’ such as fungus, bacteria or parasites.
- Take LifePak to increase your antioxidant score and find your optimum level (the above link is for information only, you don’t pay the web price). The ingredients of LifePak—vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients—are supported by hundreds of well-designed clinical studies. LifePak costs £51.14 a month and is guaranteed to increase your antioxidant score or your money is refunded. You can also add Omega Marine for an additional £9.60 (usual price £29.60), which at £2 a day offers exceptional value.
- Juice Plus is a simple way of ensuring you increase your daily intake of fruit and vegetables. It is fruit and vegetables in capsules – concentrated wholefood-based nutrition rather than a multi vitamin or mineral supplement. The production process ensures the quality and purity are superior to most supermarket fruit and vegetables. Juice Plus is also based on sound science and clinical research and costs £38 a month. My 84 year old parents and ex-boyfriend are satisfied customers. It’s not an alternative to eating fruit and vegetables, in fact, the Juice Plus Children’s Health Study has shown that children who take Juice Plus tend to eat more fruit and vegetables than they did before taking it.